Beach exercises can be fun. Start your New Years resolution early! There are tons of ways to burn calories while on an East Coast Florida Beach. Eat that 350 calorie hamburger and don’t feel guilty sipping on a 245 calorie piña colada! You’ve earned it!
Need suggestions on where to refuel after a workout on the beach? Check out our “Things to Do” tab for local New Smyrna, Ormond, and Palm Coast restaurant recommendations.
- Playing Catch
You can burn 175 calories per hour throwing the football or baseball
- Building Sandcastles
210-315 calories per hour burned by playing in the sand!
Surfboard or Boogieboard, you can burn 205-300 calories per hour
For an hour of kayaking you’ll burn 340 calories! That’s 2 Margaritas! Cheers!
- Beach Soccer
Kick around the soccer ball and burn a whopping 500 calories per hour
- Ocean Swimming
Channel your inner Michael Phelps and burn 410 calories per hour by swimming in the ocean
- Beach Volleyball
Play a family game of beach volleyball and burn 545 calories per hour
- Treading Water in the Pool
Moderate treading burns 204 calories per hour. Vigorous treading can burn up to 615!
- Beach Walking
Do you like long walks on the beach? Take a brisk walk and burn 180 calories per hour. Or activate your stabilizer muscles and burn up to 350 calories walking on soft sand!
Need a Halloween condo rental?
The rates go down and temperatures stay up!
October is the “off season” meaning fewer crowds and lower rates. Take advantage of the sunny weather and visit the beach this October. (November is even better!!)
Create beachy Halloween crafts with the kids
Halloween condo rental makes your trip family-friendly with fun Halloween arts and crafts ideas including pineapple jack-o-lanterns, painted sea shells, and nautical themed carved pumpkins. Please send us pictures to Info@floridavacayrentals.com if you use any of our ideas!
Explore local Halloween events
Click the links below to explore fun parties and events occurring during the Halloween season in the New Smyrna and Ormond Beach areas!
- JBs Fish Camp’s Annual Kids Halloween Party. Sunday, October 27th from 12pm-3pm.
- Canal Street Historic District’s Halloween Parade and Costume Contest. Thursday, October 31st from 4pm-6pm.
- Port Orange Parks and Recreations’ Halloween Fest. Thursday, October 31st from 5:30pm-8pm.
- Marine Discovery Center Marine Monster Pumpkin Carving Contest. 9am Monday, October 28th through 5pm Tuesday, October 29th.
- Halloween NSB Dance Club Style at Half Wall Brewery. Wednesday, October 30th from 6pm-9pm.
- New Smyrna Speedway Halloween Spectacular. Saturday, October 26th.
Visit our rentals page or call our office 321-221-7611 to secure a New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, or Palm Coast rental.